Title: The New Idria Story, Told as it Happened
Editor: R. Iddings
Edition: 1st Edition
Binding: Spiral bound soft cover
Publisher: Three Rocks Research
Date Published: 2008
Description: This is New Idria history as never before told. The New Idria Story, Told as it Happened is a collection of journal clippings from between 1852 and 1974 that tell the story of the New Idria Quicksilver Mines and the people made its history.
In this 140-page book, you'll learn:
- Who actually discovered the mine (you'll be surprised)
- About the Panoche Turnpike Company
- The source of the sweet Panoche nectar (you'll want some - maybe not)
- The name of the first child born at Idria
- Why U.S. troops were sent to Panoche Valley in 1865
- About the Panoche Grande Claim
- Who was William McGarrahan and what did he look like
- About the gun battle between Sheriff Morse and Juan Soto
- The story of Tiburcio Vasquez and a previously unpublished photograph
- Prophetess of the Cantua and the commune at Joaquin Rocks
- Why John Ashurst killed Frank Lynch
- Valecitos Oil Discovery
- Discovery of Benitoite
- San Benito National Forest and the Paso del Rio Ranger Station
- Sixty-Third U.S. Infantry at New Idria
- The Smallest Phone Company in California
- Death of the quicksilver industry
Spiral bound soft cover, 8½ x 11, 140 pages - Three Rocks Research.
Buy your copy today!
$49.95, plus $5.00 shipping.
Send payment to:
Three Rocks Research
4037 W Fig Tree Ln
Fresno, Calif., 93722
or PayPal payment to email@example.com